Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am running...

Someone recently told me an analogy that made me think.
Telling people to stop searching and see what they have is like telling a runner looking for rest that they just have to stop running and they will find rest. They will answer that they can't stop because they are looking.

I don't like running. Physical running. The kind they make you do around a track in high school.
People that run like to run, or feel they have to run...they want to keep running. They like the adrenaline and the boost they get from it. They don't want to rest.

There is a mosquito in my room. It's distracting me from writing.

People that are looking for themselves keep looking. It's hard to stop and say: I have found myself.

Its hard to let yourself be free. Freedom is scary.

This entire post is based off the last few days of interesting discussion I suppose. Not much is new, except the mosquito. I've missed swatting him twice already. Third time's a charm.

Tonight on my way home, I stopped at a stop sign near the Library in Morgan Hill. A doe and two fawns picked that moment to cross the street in front of me.
I like how moments like that make me happy about life. They make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. I'm reminded of a Devo song, recently covered by Tool: "Freedom of Choice":

    Freedom of choice
    Is what you got;
    Freedom from choice
    Is what you want.

    My best to you and this blog. I look forward to reading more soon.

    :--)

    ReplyDelete