Thursday, October 23, 2008

There's something
In your calm and self control
That makes me uneasy, my friend.
Something
In the deliberateness of your actions and speech
That bothers me in some unusual way.
There's something
In your gaze, lacking any presuppositions,
That makes me unsure of myself

When I first met you
I had a strange impression
It marked me, I wrote it down.
I wasn't sure for awhile, I thought my impression was just another silly thought
That passed through my mind on a quiet day.
Now I'm not so sure.
Funny how that goes.

I sense I can trust you with my strange thoughts
And dreams
And ramblings.
I can tell them differently.
I can explain them fully.
Not be worried I might be taken for crazy.

Yet you make me uneasy.
In some strange and inexplicable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment