Friday, November 14, 2008

Fortune Tellers

I have come to the conclusion that if I want to have any psychic readings done, I will be doing them. I went to the psychic in downtown Morgan Hill, CA. I have driven past the place for years, wondering what it would be like to have a reading done. I went by there today for the first time. The woman came to the door in her robe. She told me she or her daughter could give the reading, but that we would have to come back in about 15 minutes. We decided that that was ok, and we went for a walk. Upon return, the daughter came to the door. She was wearing a big long black wig, and was trying to play up the stereotypical psychic thing. She explained the pricing to us. Apparently the 10$ special was for a 5 minute reading. WoooFreakingHOOO. There were other options that were much more expensive. I thought...hmmmm....I just need to take out my tarot deck and relearn some of this stuff...same about palmistry...I just need to relearn what I once knew. And that crytal ball I've always wanted? That would be nice too.
Oh my.
What a rip-off.

2 comments:

  1. Lord.

    I dated a "clairvoyant" briefly. I learned the racket.--And it is a racket. Not that I don't think some people have an extraordinary ability; I fully believe some do. But they don't rip folks off, and stay quiet, as most, if not all, masters do.

    Great entry, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sirrrr! And yes, some people have extraordinary sensitivity to other energies. I think that they are there for anyone, but we don't usually look to them for help...unfortunate.
    But I think also, it is easier with tools of the trade.

    ReplyDelete